view in browser
BCCT EVENING PANEL DISCUSSION ON EMPLOYMENT LAW
Date: Tuesday 23rd May 2023
Time: 6-9 pm
Venue: Pathumwan Princess Hotel on Phyathai Road (Connected to MBK Shopping Centre. Nearest BTS: National Stadium exit 4). Map
Cost: THB 1,000 for members and THB 2,000 for non-members. This price includes food, free flow beer, wine and soft drinks.
Booking: please click HERE or email email@example.com for booking assistance
- Online Payment options are available when confirming your booking (recommended). Online payment when you book is the simplest way to do this.
- Bank transfer is also available to Kasikorn bank 709-2-36464-4 and email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify for a receipt.
*Pre-registration and pre-payment are required to confirm your booking. No payment on the door. No walk-ins, please. Thank you for your co-operation*
Employment law is a vast area that has not been consolidated, and may be found in numerous statutes and regulations, and the Civil and Commercial Code as well. For this reason, the event format will be a panel of four employment experts, who will take questions from the floor, rather than making formal presentations.
Our four speakers are as named below, where links to their cvs also appear:
The panel will be able to answer questions on, for example:
- Drafting the employment contract and preliminary matters
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Work rules
- Private provident funds
- Employee benefits and their tax treatment
- Warnings and notices
- Summary dismissal - cases permitted under the Labour Protection Act
- Dismissal with notice
- Severance pay, its calculation, and other payments to be made upon dismissal
- Special cases of dismissal, eg on relocation of business, on modernisation of the business, or unfair dismissal
- Constructive dismissal – does it exist?
- Harassment, discrimination and abuse
- Data privacy for job candidates and former employees.
- Non-competition and non-solicitation clauses
- Special rules for foreign employees
- Recent changes
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting and anticipate a lively discussion!